'Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file' when injecting network drivers into Boot Image SCCM 2012
Issue: Today when I was trying to PXE boot Lenovo T440s for the first time, image started failing at “Task Sequence Window comes” (TS window wasn’t appearing).
Tried This…After this I assumed that can be a problem with the LAN drivers, immediately I started injecting boot image with Lenovo’s Latest LAN drivers BUT it failed with following below error.
Error Message: “Failed to inject a ConfigMgr driver into the mounted WIM file”
The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error.: ConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
Description = “Failed to insert OSD binaries into the WIM file”;
ErrorCode = 2152205056;
File = “e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\siteserver\sdk_provider\smsprov\sspbootimagepackage.cpp”;
Line = 4262;
ObjectInfo = “CSspBootImagePackage: reRefreshPkgSrcHook”;
Operation = “ExecMethod”;
ParameterInfo = “SMS_BootImagePackage.PackageID=”S0100002″”;
ProviderName = “WinMgmt”;
StatusCode = 2147749889;
Resolution: Tried following steps:
- We created a new boot Image named “New Boot Image” Under Operating System>Boot Images><Site Code>.
- Downloaded latest drivers from Lenovo websites http://support.lenovo.com/de_DE/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS03881
- Create a new driver package using above downloaded drivers including network drivers.
- Injected network drivers from above package and it imported successfully this time.
- So we removed Old Boot Image (“Boot Image(x64)”) from <Site Code>Distribution Point so that we could enable new boot image at PXE.
So far it’s working fine for us.
You can look for other troubleshooting steps as well like:
Check if there is enough space on SQL HDDs or LUNs
Check also if you are trying to insert only network drivers. Remove all other Drivers from the "insert list".